Organize and conduct an international expert forum “Northern Sustainable Development Forum.” This Forum will be held annually and claims to become one of the world's leading platforms for discussing the problems and prospects for the sustainable development of the North and the Arctic and the implementation of practically significant projects in the framework of the Northern Forum Working Groups.
Yakutia is the largest region of the Arctic and Asia, which territory is completely located on permafrost. And as a republic geographically related to both regions, Yakutia can be as a bridge connecting the Arctic and Asia. It is also necessary to take into account the Asian countries interest in participation in Arctic projects. There is a mutual interest of the Arctic states in attracting Asian potential in research projects, the development of maritime infrastructure, and the conservation of Arctic biodiversity. It is also necessary to take into account the heightened interest in participation in Arctic projects from Asian countries and mutual interest in attracting their potential in research projects, improving maritime infrastructure, and preserving Arctic biodiversity from the Arctic states.
There are significant global changes in Yakutia, which require an integrated interdisciplinary research involving the international experts for the achievement of the sustainable development. It is necessary to conduct a comprehensive study of permafrost degradation, issue of reducing the area of tundra ecosystems, tendency anomalous weather phenomena, floods, wildfires, the appearance of new species of flora and fauna.
1st day. Plenary session: Environmental issues in the Arctic; Arctic population; Socio-economic development of the regions of the North and the Arctic.
2nd day. Work in sections. Accepted proposals for the organization of a section.
3rd day. Events within the framework of the Northern Forum Working Groups (events can be from 1 to 3 days). Event organizers - Northern Forum Working Groups: regional adaptation to climate change; assessment of quality of life of the Arctic regions; environment and conservation of biodiversity.
- “University of the Arctic in Russia”;
- Northern Forum Working Group on Regional Adaptation to Climate Change
- Government of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia);
- The Northern Forum Working Group on Environment and Conservation of Biodiversity;
- The Northern Forum Working Group on Assessment of Quality of Life of the Arctic regions;
- North-Eastern Federal University in Yakutsk: Department of International Studies, Institute of Moderns Languages and International Studies; International UNESCO Chair at M.K. Ammosov North-Eastern Federal University "Social and Human Adaptationof the Arctic Regions to Climate Change”; International Relations Office.
Daryana Maximova, Executive Director, “University of the Arctic in Russia”
Tel: +7 924 5683290, email: email@example.com
Vladimir Vasiliev, First Deputy Minister for External Relations of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Chairman of the Working Group of the Northern Forum on Regional Adaptation to Climate Change
Tel .: +7 914 2209789, email: firstname.lastname@example.org